Knitting. Working. Fretting

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Reflections

So as I mentioned a few posts ago JG and I have been selling stuff on the street. It's funny hanging out on the street, knitting, for many hours, just sitting there behind a table. It feels kind of odd but it is nice too. People engage with you in a way that isn't possible when we are all just moving past each other. The more seasoned vendors are also full of advice for us new comers including suggesting that we dress warmer. They are generally very welcoming. I think there is a whole culture to it that I don't quite understand yet but will probably come with time. There's an aspect of developing a relationship with people who walk down that street regularly and therefore become accustomed to seeing you there and want to just stop and chat. Very funny. I didn't expect it to be so social.

Another nice thing is that you are outside and you get to see nice light reflecting off the buildings and windows as it starts to get dark out.

No comments:

since 10/4/07

rings