Knitting. Working. Fretting

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Ready, set, go!

I spent a good part of the day dyeing yarn yesterday. I had to buy a special pot and everything. Here's the set up with my pink bucket, my purple gloves and 9 skeins of Cascade 220 yarn, ready to be dyed. I managed to not make a huge mess in the kitchen and get pretty much the color I wanted. Fun! (something I enjoyed!)
The yarn started out red and I used some Burgundy dye. That was a little too, well, burgandy so I then over dyed that with Black and Plum


It ended up like this:


the color is pretty accurate in these. it is a really pretty wine color with some pats which are a little brighter.

Now i just have to start knitting this sweater. Maybe I can finish for Christmas and when she doesn't like it (or it's the wrong size, or why doesn't it have buttons?) then I will be able to redo it for her by her birthday in March:). She picked it out so I hope she likes it.

What else?
The other night after street vending I decided to check out some Flight of the Concords on You Tube cuz JG said it was funny. I was sold

No comments:

since 10/4/07

rings