Knitting. Working. Fretting

Friday, November 02, 2007

Dyeing to knit



A few weeks ago my Mom asked me to make her a sweater and I agreed. I am very nervous about it because everything I have knit for her to date I have had to either knit more than once ( a sweater that I then had to remake as a cardigan and then ended up frogging and a beret I had to reknit 3 times)or change in some way after I gave it to her (a clapotis that I had made for myself but then gave her because she liked it but then she thought it looked funny to have a scarf without fringe so I had to fringe for her) Anyway, so now she picked out Cardigan for Arwen. I have had a tough time figuring out what yarn to use because I don't want to buy anything and I don't have a color she wants. She wants this color

but this is the wrong weight so I took 20 skeins of this, also the wrong weight and color


and 4 Jamaica, 4Ice Blue Raspberry lemonade, 3 Blastin Berry Cherry and 3 Berry Blue pack of Kool Aid later it looks like this

Impressive, Huh? I also don't think it will be enough yarn .
Plan B: Use some Cascade 220 I have in a dark red (color#9404)and dye it burgandy/purple. Sound good?
Knitting for others is hard.

PS Like some other bloggers out there I joined nablopomo (day late and a dollar short)

No comments:

since 10/4/07

rings