Knitting. Working. Fretting

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Like



I rode my bike to Downtown Brooklyn today like I do every Wednesday. I decided to take some pictures along the way. There are a few things, like the football field on Fulton Street (close to Vanderbilt, that always look so magical to me in person but not so interesting in pictures. Nestled in all kinds of tall buildings it gleams on that corner with it's green astroturf and red clay. The there's the football team in lovely blue and white uniforms. The footballers, as they are called elsewhere when people are referring to something else, are often to be found spreading each others' legs apart in some some of "exercise". Nice!
Some pictures taken along my ride

I'm not sure if that construction is related to the stadium the want to build downtown. The Atlantic Terminal Projects ( I mean Housing Development) can be seen in the background,. isn't cute how they are all camouflaged to blend in with who knows what. A cool organization called Groundswell did two mural there. Oh, wait that's wishful thinking on my part, actually they only did one on the inside with some of the teenagers who live in the development. i was trying to get them to do one on the outside too facing Atlantic Avenue. Maybe it will happen some day.

Where is this Hot Bird I'm always hearing about? Does it exist?




This was a store window display.I forgot to notice what kind of store it was. There was a DVD of the Spike Lee movie Bamboozled in this little installation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hot bird closed years ago
Keesha

since 10/4/07

rings