I went to my high school friend HJ's parents' house for Thanksgiving. It was very nice to see my HJ's parents and be in their house. I spent so much time in their house when I was growing up and they were always and continue to be, very generous with me.It was a pretty traditional American Thanksgiving meal and it was very good. The menu included, turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, sweet potatoes with cinnamon and something else, creamed onions, and green beans with apple and pumpkin pie with ice cream for dessert. I could have eaten a lot more than I did but stopped out of politeness or more likely shame. I ate a lot more than just about everyone but SD and I could have kept going. Sadly dinner did not include any of the things my family traditionally has for Thanksgiving dinner: pork, potato or macaroni salad, vegetarian lasagna, rice and beans. I guess it's good to mix it up every once in a while.
Hope you all spent time with people you appreciate and appreciate you!
Knitting. Working. Fretting
Thursday, November 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
since 10/4/07
About Me
Blog Archive
-
▼
2007
(78)
-
▼
November
(31)
- Happy December
- Looking up to See it's Fall
- Riding a bummer
- Big TO DO List
- Something New (to me)
- Good Times
- Missed another one
- Well I missed my deadline for the secret project. ...
- Holiday post
- Like
- Lather
- Someone
- Gentle Reader
- Hanging Out
- Past Midnight
- In their wake
- Just like Spock
- Ready, set, go!
- PLAN B
- THIRD THING
- 3 things
- Fever
- Day 9
- FO
- Keeping up with the Vloggers
- Drop a-line
- I'm so sorry
- Reflections
- Miss S and her new sweater
- Bonus post
- Dyeing to knit
-
▼
November
(31)
Labels
- 365 (136)
- art (22)
- babies (29)
- boring for everyone but me (11)
- brooklyn (23)
- bummers (14)
- Cardigan for Arwen (11)
- cost and revs (9)
- crochet (2)
- doggies (1)
- done (29)
- dr (2)
- drops a-line (4)
- drops Wrap Sweater (4)
- dyeing (2)
- eating (5)
- embarrassing crushes (9)
- forecast (3)
- general disarray (5)
- goals (7)
- goals.random (1)
- hats (2)
- keeping seniors out of trouble (2)
- knitgirls (3)
- knits in action (5)
- knitting (37)
- kool-aid dyeing (2)
- logic (2)
- machine knitting (1)
- marilyn jacket (3)
- mystery pooping (1)
- nablopomo (31)
- nakniswemodo09 (1)
- placket sweater (3)
- printmaking (15)
- project spectrum (17)
- random (48)
- random rants (10)
- reading (2)
- secret project (4)
- seed stitch beret (2)
- socks (22)
- spanish lesson (5)
- spinning (3)
- stig sweater (1)
- street vending (3)
- the nature (18)
- two cents (4)
- ufos (5)
- vacation (9)
- video (2)
- VT (17)
- who gives a shit (6)
- workspace (1)
- yellow cardigan (8)

No comments:
Post a Comment