The second goal I have for myself is to read a few more books in Spanish. Partly because I want to keep up with my education in Spanish having never received a formal one but rather what I picked up at home which makes the subjects I can speak eloquently on rather limited.
The other reason is tHAT I really want Marcie and Stigs to speak Spanish as part of their lives, not just something they understand but that they actually use and live with. I speak to them in Spanish most if the time but I have come to realize that my vocabulary is kind of limited to domestic things and that I need to broaden my own horizons by reading more in spanish. Novels, maybe the newspapers, I guess movies help a lot. Yes, definitely more movies. if anyone has any authors to suggest I would appreciate it.
On an unrelated note. This was part of my train ride tonight on the way home from drinks with a friend who is moving to Austin tomorrow morning
I think his friends dared him or something. I'm not sure. He was holding a big bible and was reading from some religious pamphlet. People on the train were ignoring him but seemed rather amused that I took out my camera to make a little video.
Knitting. Working. Fretting
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
since 10/4/07
About Me
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(168)
-
▼
January
(31)
- Ch-ch-ch-changes
- Too much TV
- Red Stripe
- Poolside knitting
- The birds
- Tweet
- No title
- nothing is more stressful
- After
- Road Trip
- poor excuse of a post
- A New Leaf
- I had big plans for today, I think. I wanted to kn...
- I'm a joiner now
- With all the hat knitting done for now ( I think) ...
- Lids
- Dominican sushi
- Feeling Funky
- too busy, too busy. babies. hats. applications. ov...
- Breathe
- L.C.
- For me?
- Date Night
- To do
- Siesta
- jealous
- Mom Day
- Blogiversary
- suggestions please
- First FO of the year
- Holy Shit!
-
▼
January
(31)
Labels
- 365 (136)
- art (22)
- babies (29)
- boring for everyone but me (11)
- brooklyn (23)
- bummers (14)
- Cardigan for Arwen (11)
- cost and revs (9)
- crochet (2)
- doggies (1)
- done (29)
- dr (2)
- drops a-line (4)
- drops Wrap Sweater (4)
- dyeing (2)
- eating (5)
- embarrassing crushes (9)
- forecast (3)
- general disarray (5)
- goals (7)
- goals.random (1)
- hats (2)
- keeping seniors out of trouble (2)
- knitgirls (3)
- knits in action (5)
- knitting (37)
- kool-aid dyeing (2)
- logic (2)
- machine knitting (1)
- marilyn jacket (3)
- mystery pooping (1)
- nablopomo (31)
- nakniswemodo09 (1)
- placket sweater (3)
- printmaking (15)
- project spectrum (17)
- random (48)
- random rants (10)
- reading (2)
- secret project (4)
- seed stitch beret (2)
- socks (22)
- spanish lesson (5)
- spinning (3)
- stig sweater (1)
- street vending (3)
- the nature (18)
- two cents (4)
- ufos (5)
- vacation (9)
- video (2)
- VT (17)
- who gives a shit (6)
- workspace (1)
- yellow cardigan (8)

2 comments:
How about the novellas. :)
or Plaza de Sesamo for the kids?
Keesha
check out El lugar sin limites by Donoso if you're in the mood for fiction. It's rather brilliant. And short stories by Julio Cortazar. Short stories are good reading for busy moms, I find.
Post a Comment