Knitting. Working. Fretting

Friday, March 07, 2008

Pricked





Just yesterday I had been lamenting the lack of spontaneity in my life lately when out of the blue my friend Melanie invited me (last minute!)to a DIY Salon (event) at the Museum of Art and Design (formerly the Craft Museum). There is an embroidery show up right now called Pricked, Extreme Embroidery (which seems like a sad grab at trying to relive the glory of the success of the Subversive Lace show). The show had many nice things and a few pretty good things. Two of my favorite artists in the show are two up top. There was also a nice piece by Sabrina Gshwandtner. It was a zoetrope.



The event was pretty fancy with all kinds of embroidery related crafting and beer and a DJ. It was put on by the Church of Craft.



I tried my hand at making a little embroidered button. It meant I had to sew on a tiny circle of knit fabric and I kinda of messed it up. After I had sewn on my design they put the fabric in the button making machine.





The evening was a nice surprise and served as a good reminder that I have been meaning to do embroidery for something I started last summer and maybe it is time to get back to it.

No comments:

since 10/4/07

rings