Knitting. Working. Fretting

Monday, March 17, 2008

OPP



Well, despite what I said yesterday, I didn't just relax and hang out with babies. I spent a good deal of time away from sweet, funny babies. I am trying to get myself all ready to work on new projects so I spent most of the day making silkscreens. That part of my day was pretty good. The commuting part of my day was pretty bizarre.

Have you ever had the experience of having some man talking to you and you think, What does he think is going to get out of this? What does he think is gonna happen? Well.. it turns out he might think you will come over to his house and have sex with him. That's what I heard happen today. It was crazy!

When I was on the train coming home I over heard the most incredible conversation. A man started to talking to this young girl and by the time I was getting off they train they were making plans to get together at his house to have sex. He started charming her by talking about how he was really lazy he was but it was only because he worked so hard, well not so hard but the work was really annoying. She couldn't come over tonight because she was meeting her boyfriend when she got off the train but she gave this man her number so they could talk later. He also wanted her to know that he was straight up and that he wanted to "tap that ass" and she let him know she was into that. Did I mention he was 41 and she is 19 and he has 20 year-old twin daughters? When the issue of their ages came up he mentioned that since she was so young she was probably not that experienced and that once they had sex she would start stalking him because it would be that good.

Did I mention that the whole time I was listening to this (because they were talking really loud) I was trying to catch the attention of people around me and I could not get anyone to side with me, that this was indeed some crazy shit we were being witness to. This was all on the way back from Manhattan into Brooklyn. The ride into Manhattan was also terrifying, as there were all these drunken teenagers (around 12pm) going to midtown bars on the train.

Luckily, the sky really was this shade of blue when I came out of the subway.


No comments:

since 10/4/07

rings