Knitting. Working. Fretting

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Speaking up

Despite my better judgment I have gone an made all kinds of commitments to things that I don't really one to do. One of them is participate in a panel discussion at the Left Forum in March. I hate public speaking and I am speaking on a panel. What is wrong with me! I also have all kinds of meetings in the next month and am attending a conference.
In my mind my life should be simple: make art, hang out with SD, hangout with babies, knit, work. Simple. But then I go an agree to do all kinds of things and take on all kinds of extra work!

1 comment:

Woolly Stuff said...

two hypotheses:
1) maybe you wouldn't appreciate the simple things as much if you didn't do all the other stuff you don't like;

2) maybe all the stuff you're doing right now that you don't like will enable you to do more of the stuff you do like for more of the time a little later in life;

since 10/4/07

rings