I got up and out and voted. it was pretty quite at my polling place in Brooklyn but maybe just because it was in the middle of the day.
My Mom always works at every election. She is one of those ladies you might see at your voting place who fills out those little cards when you vote or tells you what your district is. She always makes sure that I vote. Anyway, she said that there were a lot of young people voting in her neighborhood in Manhattan, that she normally doesn't see vote. She even saw her neighbor's son, a recovering and not always so recovered,drug addict trying to vote yesterday.
I guess no matter what happens people are inspired, the are motivated to try to make something happen and that is a good thing. I don't necessarily believe that change, social change comes from electoral politics. I think it takes smaller movements, grassroots movements that lead change but I take heart in the fact that more people are moved, are moving towards making something happen together.
I wish I had taken a picture while I was in the voting booth. I would post it here(sorry Buddha).
Knitting. Working. Fretting
Tuesday, February 05, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
since 10/4/07
About Me
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(168)
-
▼
February
(29)
- WFMU
- The best part of taking a crazy short trip that en...
- VT
- Energy sucker
- Speaking up
- Saturday
- snow storm
- Hi!
- Wednesday
- My morning at Fairway
- movie night
- downside of blogging
- galleries
- new sweaters
- The Romance
- Last of the Florida Pictures
- Snow Day
- I went to the library yesterday and I took out a f...
- Spanish lesson Sunday
- yes, it is a knitting blog
- the value of art
- Non-sequiturs
- Silent Poetry Reading; Late Entry
- It's Tuesday. Super!
- Lumix
- February Sock
- Spanish lesson Sunday
- Michael and Clark
- Eye Candy
-
▼
February
(29)
Labels
- 365 (136)
- art (22)
- babies (29)
- boring for everyone but me (11)
- brooklyn (23)
- bummers (14)
- Cardigan for Arwen (11)
- cost and revs (9)
- crochet (2)
- doggies (1)
- done (29)
- dr (2)
- drops a-line (4)
- drops Wrap Sweater (4)
- dyeing (2)
- eating (5)
- embarrassing crushes (9)
- forecast (3)
- general disarray (5)
- goals (7)
- goals.random (1)
- hats (2)
- keeping seniors out of trouble (2)
- knitgirls (3)
- knits in action (5)
- knitting (37)
- kool-aid dyeing (2)
- logic (2)
- machine knitting (1)
- marilyn jacket (3)
- mystery pooping (1)
- nablopomo (31)
- nakniswemodo09 (1)
- placket sweater (3)
- printmaking (15)
- project spectrum (17)
- random (48)
- random rants (10)
- reading (2)
- secret project (4)
- seed stitch beret (2)
- socks (22)
- spanish lesson (5)
- spinning (3)
- stig sweater (1)
- street vending (3)
- the nature (18)
- two cents (4)
- ufos (5)
- vacation (9)
- video (2)
- VT (17)
- who gives a shit (6)
- workspace (1)
- yellow cardigan (8)

No comments:
Post a Comment