Knitting. Working. Fretting

Monday, September 24, 2007

Feeling the Fall

I think I've been in recovery for the last few weeks. One big project was over and a bunch more things were starting. I think I am getting a handle on them and feeling a little more grounded. It has been nice to start new knitting and enjoy it. I don't know why I have such a tendency to turn everything into work. I knit because I like it so I should knit things that I am enjoying and set aside things which are not so interesting right now. They will probably be interesting later or maybe not. I
First off an update on the Stigs and Marcie sweaters:

I looked through my stitch books and settled on a little motif on each of their sweaters. They look cute and also made them less boring for me to knit. I found other stitches that I'm excited to try on future garments.




I got the Knit Knit book on saturday at Purl. They had a book signing with Sabrina Gschwandtner. It's a cool book that looks at knitting and art. It consists of lots of profiles of people who are artists that uses knitting in their work and people who are cool knitters. Each person profiled contributed patterns. These range from really cute sweaters to a giant teddy bear knit out of fiber glass insulation.
Lastly I want to say that I rode my bike around Brooklyn today. It was an instant mood elevator. I have to remember to do that more often. I saw a woman that had two baby seats on her bike; one in front and one in back. Maybe that would be too stressful.
PS; I started taking photos of all my yarn for Ravelry. Holey Moley! The project was depressing me at first (turns out I have a ton of yarn) but I guess it is good. It will help inspire me to make things. For better or worse I tend to be inspired by having stuff around so I buy yarn without really knowing what I will use it for. I have been looking at lots if patterns and have a long list of things I want to make.

No comments:

since 10/4/07

rings