Knitting. Working. Fretting

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Knit Knit

I broke my own ridiculous rules last night and started about a million other projects over the last few days and actually finished some.

After starting and not finishing so many things for myself I started to feel bad that I had not knit anything for the babies (now toddlers) in a while. And because they are now toddlers I believe that clothes look cuter on them and therefore it is worth it to knit things for them. So, with all that in mind I began a sweater for Marcie using some beautiful super soft wool that I bought in a yarn store in Berlin. I think it was in Kreuzberg and I have no idea what the yarn is (it has no label) or the name of the store. If you are in Berlin though, try to find it!
The sweater; I am making it up as I go and so far it is a cardigan knit in one piece with phoney seams, it has seed stitch button bands and bottom edge and a stockinette body. I think it will have some yellow Gems Opal some where.

I also started a sweater for Stigs in her colors red and orange. I am using another very lovely yarn. Lorna's Laces Swirl DK. I bought this stuff implusively a while ago because it was on sale and had no clue what to do with it. I am not sure I have enough to finish a sweater. Is 300 yards enough for a tiny sweater? Probably not. I did look up where to get more if I need it. This sweater will be a cardigan also knit side to side on the bottom, meaning the part that will go up to the sleeves and then I will make then I will pick up stitches along the top edge and some how make the yoke and sleeves. I am making this up as I go along too although I did get inspiration looking at sweaters here and here.

Next up is some overly felted felt which I silkscreened on and will hang for babies (toddlers) to look at.

Then I also manages to properly felt some things.
Whoo! That was a lot of writing for me. I am exhausted!!! Plus gotta get to bed early cuz tomorrow is the big day. (See previous post about my art show)
One last thing:

This opening will be going on at the same time as mine. Will I be able to sneak over here?

No comments:

since 10/4/07

rings