Knitting. Working. Fretting

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

One down...

I had a lot of time to knit this past week. It was good to plow through some projects although i realize I hunch over too much when I do it and end up with back pain. I need to watch the posture. However, I did get a lot of knitting done and even some spinning (!)
One reason I had time to knit is because I had to go to court this week. Not for myself but because two friends were arrested last Thursday. They were trying to keep someone else from being harassed by the cops outside a bar and the cops ended up not arresting the person they were originally harassing but rather took my friends and maced the crowd watching because (as they later admitted) they had to teach them a lesson.
For those of you who have not spent too much time watching court proceedings I want to tell you that it is incredible how demeaning the whole thing is. Not only are the people standing before the judge treated like crap (given crazy lectures about how if you hop the turn style and steal a ride from the MTA you make everyone else who pays feel foolish. This to a grown man who probably didn't pay because he didn't have the money) but also the people in the audience(?) are also criminalized and demeaned and made to be really still and quiet. The whole thing would be really funny and absurd if it didn't ruin or heavily affect so many lives. The charges against my friends were dropped but they were held for almost 24 hours.
But back to the knitting. I got lots of time to work on Marcie's cardigan and now it is done.

It fits him very well and will hopefully get him through the winter.Here he is modeling it:
He wasn't too happy at first but then he got into it.




I have also made progress on Stig's sweater and if I don't spend too much time on the internet today I can probably finish it. Pictures of that soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hi Mildred, Marcie looks great in the sweater--nice work! Court sounds terrible. I'm finishing my own sweater too. Maybe I need to start a blog to post photos. --TK

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, great show. I really loved your drawings. funny about the KNIT KNIT opening. I was wondering if I could get that in, too, that night. ha ha. --TK

since 10/4/07

rings