Knitting. Working. Fretting

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Spin Report

I finally broke down and got a spinning wheel. It is Hitchhiker I bought from someone here in Burlington. I like that it is so small and I can keep it out of the way when it is not in use. I have pretty much got the hang of it and don't really want to try other wheels, mostly for fear that I will like them better.


I've been spinning some yarn and in the spirit of getting back into this blogging thing I thought I might share some photos of my progress.










I am trying different techniques (spinning from the fold, not spinning from the fold {what's that called?}, single ply , double ply, navajo ply, spindle and wheel) and trying to notice differences and see what I like. I haven't knit with any of it yet and hopefully when I do it will help me figure out what to do. I think most of it is destined for shawly scarf things.

1 comment:

The Craftaholic said...

wow this makes me want to get a spinning wheel now.
I love this yarn, it looks so yummy!

since 10/4/07

rings