Knitting. Working. Fretting

Saturday, June 14, 2008

WWKIPD


I participated in World Wide Knitting in Public Day in front of the Brooklyn Museum today. I had no idea that there was anything going on so I was pleasantly surprised when ElizaB invited me to join other knitters on the steps of the museum. I forgot my camera but if you follow the Eliza B link you can see some pictures. It wasn't a huge group but it was nice to knit with others and meet some new people. It turns out I don't have to much practice knitting and socializing so I kept making mistakes in the lace scarf I am making. Luckily that particular lace pattern is forgiving and I have gotten pretty good at fixing my mistakes.

ETA: There is another nice recap of the afternoon here. In one of the pictures you can see my foot!
I rushed over there after picking up the first batch of vegetables from a CSA I joined. Today was the orientation and they showed us a slide show of the farmer and his farm. I'm excited to be eating local stuff in season all the while supporting a Dominican farmer. It will be interesting to see if "we" can manage to do make interesting things to eat with all the greens week after week.

2 comments:

Eliza said...

It was really nice to meet you! I hope we can see each other again soon, esp since you are so close!

knithound brooklyn said...

thanks for coming out that day1
And I appreciate the CSA Link - I'm going to look into this for our household.

since 10/4/07

rings