Knitting. Working. Fretting

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Archie Rand


SD and I went to Burlington last Monday (I will post separately about that) and on our way out of town we passed a warehouse which is normally closed and noticed that there were a bunch of painting hanging in it. Despite having a back seat full of toddlers raring to get grumpy pending a 7 hour trip, we stopped. It was an Archie Rand installation of paintings based on the Jewish commandments. We had just read an article in the New York Times about this projects so it seemed like a pretty cool coincidence that we just happened to stumble upon it. It felt like a good omen for the trip. (We also have a connection to Archie Rand: he is a friend of the friend who just contacted me after eight years!)The pictures I took are kind of bad but the lighting in the warehouse was pretty dim and I was in a hurry. Still you get the idea.


No comments:

since 10/4/07

rings