Knitting. Working. Fretting

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Cardigan for Arwen



I finally finished this thing. I actually finished it last week but I had to weave in all the ends and I didn't feel confident it was going to fit my Mom. I had her try it on and it is good and is currently being blocked
All in all it looks pretty cute though. I think I want to make one for myself now

details:
yarn -cascade 220 red over-dyed with Procion dye (burgundy), used 7 skeins to make the size 41"

needles Us 6,7,8





Modifications- I made no modifications to the pattern and as many people have noted the arm holes seem a little narrow and the whole thing is kinda short. Oh, actually I did make one modification, a big one, I traded in the cabled edges for a double moss stitch. I didn't account for the fact that the double moss would be wider than the cable so I feel the hood is a little wide. Blocking will help withthe sleeves and length but the hood will just have to be lived with.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

congratulations on finishing! that color is awesome. TK

since 10/4/07

rings