Knitting. Working. Fretting

Sunday, February 18, 2007

February 2007 update

Well, I have been a little over extended lately. It is dawning on me that I have two babies and I will have them from now on. I am tired. At the same time I also realize that I need to do more than I am doing: I need to read more, I need to start on work for a two person show I will be in September and I need to go out and have fun more. Speaking of that I got a last minute invitation to the Mos Def show at BAM on Saturday night. I was tired but I was glad I went.

Onto the knitting:
I finished the seed stitch beret. It looks good I think, I wore it for a while without blocking and I have to say blocking made a big difference. I have to rememeber to always do it to everything I knit.


I also finished the child's placket-neck pullover from Last Minute Knitted Gifts.
It has Knitspicks wool/cotton Wakashan for the trim and Filatura Lanarota Puno Alpaca for the body. Again blocking made a big difference.

I also want to fess up to another unfinished project started about 2 years ago,




I won't even talk about what it is but I hope to get back to it some day. It is not practical and I don't even know if I would wear it and possibly It may come out too small but I will finish it!!

2 comments:

Cari said...

The triumphant return of the cape!

Anonymous said...

I wanted to invite you to knitting on thursday March 1, at the knit cafe afterwork. Maybe you can join us and bring some unfinished projects. Also it will kill 2 birds with one stone knitting and having fun.
Keesha

since 10/4/07

rings