Knitting. Working. Fretting

Friday, April 24, 2009

Forgetting

Spring has finally come to Burlington (I hope)! The daffodils have been out for a few weeks and I have left the house with only two jacketey layers on, instead of my usual three. The trees are still pretty naked but I guess that is coming soon.I spent many hours of the weekend here in this little side yard which faces the lake.



This little space is right next to my apartment. Sitting there I happliy settled into an amnesia about winter which I suppose is necessary for survival here. I sat around knitting while the Babies played with dirt and occasionally brought there finds over for me to see.







For the most part they dig worms, millipedes and centipedes. But then they found this!



I am not sure what it is but we think it is a moth cocoon. We have found several in the dirt. Does anyone know what they are?









In an unrelated note;
I was taking a walk in an unknown part of town last weekend and saw this. It was very striking and very out of place seeming. It looks very UK to me. I guess it is part of the University.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awww..i love the pig tails on stiggs. she looks very girly.--tk

since 10/4/07

rings