Knitting. Working. Fretting

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Lake walking

Stigs and Marcie on ice.




The lake is frozen. It's really beautiful. I hadn't really noticed (it has probably been frozen for weeks). There were a bunch of people skating and walking on it this last Sunday. The "babies" wanted to walk on the ice and so did I. We did a little but I felt too nervous that one of them would fall and then I would fall trying to get them and then the other would fall and then we would all fall through the ice because I know nothing about these things and wouldn't recognize the signs of weak ice. Anyway, I like the idea. Next time I will make sure SD comes with us. He is from a super cold place, maybe he knows more about these things.

1 comment:

HolyKnitter said...

We went out on Saturday, and also got freaked out! People were walking all the way out to the breakwater, but we couldn't make it that far. There was a lot of "um, doesn't that patch there look kind of dark? That means it's thin, right?" Scary!

since 10/4/07

rings