Knitting. Working. Fretting

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Yay Bama!

I wanted to write a little something on the occasion of the first black president in this country. Symbolically and psychologically that is a huge deal. Like others have said I feel a sense of relief now that Obama has won and I also feel a little numb. On top of that I also feel dread. Everything is such a complicated mess I feel kind of bad for him, poor guy, what the hell is he going to do? Plus the disappointment factor is pretty big because hopes are so high. I liked that in his acceptance speech he still talked about the "we". How everyone has to be able to do their part, continue to be aware and active make sacrifices. I haven't heard a politician talking that way before and it seems good. But enough about cutie pie Obama..
My life has been pretty hectic these days. Some changes I thought were temporary are seeming like they might be longer term and it is freaking me out. I really have to get my shit together in the next week and a half.
I realized this morning that I should be happy. I'm on an adventure, good things are happening but all I can think about is all I have to do and all the ways I can fuck it up. Thanks for indulging me....
So, despite the silence, or perhaps because of it, I have been knitting quite a bit. I'll go ahead and post this and work on the knitting update to post soon.
I love the red and black thing they had going on!

1 comment:

Eliza said...

I feel the same as you. It would be really tough for him to live up to our expectations, with the mess he's been given.

Good luck with all you're doing! I bet it's tough!

since 10/4/07

rings