I gave myself permission to knit for a little while last night. The other thing I let myself do was spend a whole bunch of time on Ravelry. It is pretty awesome and addictive. Anyway, I am almost finished with my last drawing but had to stop because my wrist is hurting. These large drawings I am making are kinda physically demanding and I worked pretty hard today. Listening to music always helps me stay focused when I have a lot of physical work to do and I played a mixed tape that I had made for SD quite a while ago. It contains all the romantic songs I could think of at that time and one of them is a
Yoko Ono song "Yes I'm your Angel" and hearing it made me very sad. It is a sweet song (kinda dumb too) and just very loving and hearing all that love and hope for a future with someone made me sad and happy too I guess. Kinda like listening to the Smiths or Joy Division or Belle and Sebastien. Some other songs on the tape are Les Rita Mitsouko "Un soir, Un chein"; Pretenders "I go to Sleep"; Big Star, "Dream Lover" and "Thirteen";Blondie, "Atomic";Billie Holiday, "Easy Living". It's weird how music can throw you back to specific times in your life. I guess everyone knows this and I just want to say I had that experience today.
The yellow cardigan is coming along. I am worried I am going to mess it up since I am working without a pattern. I am also in a debate with myself if I should ever knit tops that are not cardigans. I think maybe I said that already.
Off to knit a little before sleep!

The babies look like such babies in this picture, they were only 9 months then. Four months means a lot to a baby (and a baby mama).
No comments:
Post a Comment