Knitting. Working. Fretting

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Knitalong to Get Along


I started knitting Forecast back in October. It goes pretty fast but I got distracted by a whole bunch of other knitting.

Mainly,I decided to do a craft fair and spent a few months knitting baby blankets, hats and wrap sweaters (more on that later).



I kinda messed up the pattern for the bobbles and cable and ended up doing it really wrong -upside down with the wrong spacing - and then less wrong, only upside down -so I ended up with eight cables or 2 repeats of the really wrong 2 wrong cables.

It is a forgiving pattern however and it still looks good. You can't really tell unless you look closely. Also my gauge was off so I made it longer than the pattern sayss. I was worrying about wheteher or not the sweater would actually fit across my chest but I think that it will be okay once the button band is done.


1 comment:

rachel iufer said...

Your forecast is looking great! i've had my share of "oh, that's not how it's supposed to be" moments with my forecast. I've had to put it down for a while to finish up holiday knitting but i pulled it out again this weekend. I love the yarn you are using for yours too. excellent job so far!

since 10/4/07

rings