Knitting. Working. Fretting

Monday, December 08, 2008

Evidence of Knitting

I finished my Gloria Cowl. It came out a little wide but itis still quite warm and nice. Next time I will cast on fewer stitches; I believe I cast on 101 on US 8's using malabrigo worsted. I will be making more cowls. I have a whole bunch of them on my Ravelry queue.

The picture isn't great but you get the idea.

Here is the long view

My other winter accessory (unitl this week when it got too fucking cold) is this pair of slightly felted wrist warmers. These had a brief former life as my first pair of handknit socks. They were lovingly and foolishly knit usinga beautiful yarn JG brought back for me from Paris very many years ago. It was ( i realize now) a lace weight alpaca and not well suited to socks. They felted on my fee tthe first time I wore them. These socks sat in my sock drawer for years as a reminder of my poor judgement until I recently decided to turn them into wrist warmers. They are sturdy and stylish.

2 comments:

Woolly Stuff said...

1) very cute cowl!
2) I had totally forgotten about that yarn from paris!

Eliza said...

love them both!

since 10/4/07

rings